Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things Will Be Different They Say.............I Can Only Hope

Today was historic and I wish Serena was old enough to remember it. We have a new President. Everyone is confident he is going to change things in this country for the better. I hope they're right. Look at the excitement in Serenas face about the changes that are to come.



School pictures.

I can't believe my daughter is getting so big. She's gotten so tall. No more chubby baby legs. I also can't believe how often blogger gives me a hard time about such miniscule things like getting the font I want to be consistent through this post.



Serena has not been interested in eating vegetables other than peas so tonight I decided to make faces on her "smiley potatos". She ate every vegetable on this plate. I can't believe it worked.


Since it was a historic day today I'm going to give you the details, although not exciting, of what your day was like today. I was at work and you at school. I picked you up and you were full of smiles when you saw me. As usual you refused to put your coat on to leave to come home. Just like you did this morning when you didn't want to go to school. I made a quick dinner since we do not get home before 6:30pm.
We ate and you ate all your veggies because we made faces out of your food, you, me and your friend Malachy at school. He has red hair and since we used carrots to make hair on a smiley potato we named him after your friend. You gave me lots of "biiiiiiiiiig huuuuuuuugs" as you like to say, and they are wonderful!
We changed you into your jammies or should I say you changed you into your jammies and snuggled up on the couch under a blanket. You were bouncing off the back of the couch and me while we watched the Inaugural Ball and American Idol and off to bed we went. I just love that you go with me to bed without an argument now. You take my hand and we walk upstairs into your room and you're all ready for sleep. You're such an angel Serena. It's always, usually, sad to put you to sleep because I miss you till morning but it's just such a special time too. I stay with you next to your crib and you rub my arms until you fall asleep. It's so sweet
Good night Serena. I just wanted to put in a quick post on this special historic day. I love love love you!




3 comments:

Regina said...

I'm so glad to see you've started a new blog with a plan to update it regularly. Yours was one of the first blogs I followed closely once we chose Kaz, and it is so wonderful to see sweet Serena growing up! She is such a little girl now! She and Milo are about the same age, so hopefully they will play together someday. Happy New Year!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

It's been great to catch up on you and Serena through your new blog. Serena is adorable. She has grown up SO much since we saw you at Kazapalooza! Glad to see you both doing so well.

AJ said...

Dana - LOVING the first picture of Sweet Serena Sunshine!

AJ