Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Can It Really Be 6 Months Later?

What have I been doing the last 6 months that I haven’t been keeping up with this blog that I said I was going to update weekly or at least monthly? I guess I’ve been a single mom with a beautiful 3 year old daughter, owner of a custom framing store and giving away hundreds of dollars of FREE sterling silver jewelry at homes and at catalog parties. I'm selling sterling silver jewelry for a very successful company. It's an amazing company! The jewelry is beautiful, so well made, and they are super customer friendly. I couldn't think of one reason not to sell it. Email me if you're interested, I'll tell you more about it and send you the website address. If you like jewelry you'll love it.



Anyway, here is a Serena update. We went to a birthday party for one of her school friends and it was at a horsefarm. Here she is with one of her favorite kids splashing around in the mud. I had second thoughts about it but she had fun. Then I stripped her down, poured Poland Spring all over her and she fell asleep on the way home.





Now I remember another reason I don't update that much. Blogger makes editing, copying and pasting and rearranging photos just impossible. It takes too long and it's giving me a hard time again.



Pony rides made all the kids happy. People were saying how Serena seems like she's been riding horses a long time. Maybe it's in her genes being Kazak.




I love this picture! This is another friend from school and he is such a sweet kid!





She loves a good pony ride.





Serena hiding in the closet from Grandpa. These jammies are from Kazakhstan. I bought them while I was there when she was 1. They're a little short but I'm glad they still fit her.





Checking out the news of the day.





This room was clean. I was in the kitchen cleaning and after a while I came out to see what she was up to. I couldn't believe it!! One kid did this. This is so unlike her. She makes messes but I didn't know she was capable of this.




Future Dentist?





Reading to Raggedy Ann after peanut butter and jelly.





Our first snow storm of the winter.




Serena loves to wear her winter clothes. She has to have on the gloves, hat, scarf in any kind of weather. It took her a while to stop wearing a jacket even though it was warm.
Post a comment to let me know if people are still reading, even if it's just your first name.









13 comments:

wilisons said...

I love the new pictures of Serena. She still seems like the little ray of sunshine :-)

Shanna
Tamar and Libby's mom

Jila said...

Thanks for the update. It's so nice to see new pics. What a gorgeous smile and warm personality she has. Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!

Kelly and Sne said...

It was great to meet you in Nashville and fun to see new photos of Serena - she is gorgeous and so tall! I have to get Miras on a pony at the fair this year. They do say that it comes naturally for kids from Kaz. Plus he's been trying to ride the dogs for awhile now!

Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...

We still read the blog! We love to see pictures of Serena, and Taylor always reminds me that her and Serena and KiKi rode the bus together in Nashville!

L said...

As always, Serena is a little doll...with such personality! Whether she's riding a horse, stomping thru the mud or posing in her pj's, the girl's got a style all her own!!!

Thanks for sharing,
Aunt Laura
xoxox

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Of course we are still reading!! I am further behind than you!! LOL.. Serena is the cutest!! Gena

The Cook said...

Of course I come here to see princess and there are NO UPDATES! Bad momma! I need my Serena fix. Hope all is well with you. We need to chat sometime soon call me 847-542-5141

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Wow, lets not get Berik and Serena together and then leave the room because it would be twice as bad! I don't know how you do the single mom thing, kuddos to you!! I have a hard enough time and I have help :0 . Kazapalooza was fun but as usual not enough free play for us with the other kiddos, maybe next year. Gena

Michelle Smiles said...

Ahem...it has been 3 months. But I suppose you get a little slack because I don't know how you do it as a single mom! Serena is darling as always!

You Are My Fave said...

Oh goodness, she is such a cutie.

The sites I visit most often for interior inspiration:
Design Sponge
Apartment Therapy
Desire to Inspire

Carolyn Tarpey said...

Hi Dana,Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I have not forgotten the pictures I promised you from Nashville. Really I haven't... lol

I LOVED meeting you and Serena last June. I would love to get together in NYC, name the day and time and we will be there.

I did not realize you had a new blog, I am sorry. I misplaced your email address. Can you re-send it to me so I can email you a bunch of pictures.

Let's talk soon and make plans.

Hugs to you and sweet Serana.

Kim, Joe and Ava Monmonier said...

Dana, Would you mind sharing which agency you used?

Thanks,
Kim

kmama1@msn.com

The Cook said...

I came here hoping for an update...no such luck! Just thinking of you.